It is sometimes difficult to tell whether you are using a Zoom account on Bryn Mawr’s license or a separate account attached to your Bryn Mawr email address.
The clue is in your Zoom account profile:
- Pull up your Zoom profile in a web browser.
- If you’re logged into Zoom through your web browser, click Profile in the left sidebar menu.
- If you’re logged into the desktop app, click your profile picture (or your initials if you don’t set up a picture) in the upper right and choose My Profile (Change Picture if you don’t have a picture) from the drop-down menu.
- You cannot pull up your profile page from a Zoom mobile app
- If this is a Bryn Mawr account, your Personal Meeting ID will contain https://brynmawr-edu.zoom.us, as shown below.
We have instructions that can help you log into your BMC Zoom account, but before you do we recommend doing one of the following with your non-BMC account to avoid confusion in the future:
- If you don’t need a personal Zoom account, delete your non-BMC account.
- If you want to keep a personal account, change the email address associated with it to something other than your brynmawr.edu email address.
- Log into the non-BMC Zoom account if you haven’t already.
- Click Edit next to Sign-In Email.
- Enter a new email address.
- Click Save Changes.
- Check the new e-mail address for a confirmation email similar to the one below. Click Confirm Change to complete the email change process.
- If you don’t receive the confirmation email, log into Zoom using the old email address and password and resend the email. Be sure to check inbox folders where auto-generate mail might be routed (Spam, Junk, Other, Updates, etc.)
For help troubleshooting a personal Zoom account, please contact Zoom support — LITS cannot see information about non-BMC accounts.