Office 365 allows many email sharing and delegation options for email, from sharing the Inbox or another folder, to allowing another individual to completely manage a mailbox (delegation), including sending as or on behalf of the mailbox owner.
If you are trying to share your mailbox with someone else, some options may require setting up and using the Outlook Client. However, once set up, sharing and delegation can be used from the Outlook Web App. Although the initial setup is a bit more complicated than you may be used to, the result is powerful.
These documents are meant to get you started. If you need assistance, please request an appointment to consult with a technician or a member of our education team. We can take you through the options and advise what may work best for you.
Sharing Video (mobile-friendly version)
Shared Mailboxes Video (mobile-friendly version)
Using Shared Email
Outlook Web App
- Open and Use a Shared Mailbox in OWA Note: Using the second method (opening in a new window) is strongly recommended if you send-as and manage mail for the other account as all of the sent mail will end up in the correct location.
- Sending email as or on behalf of another person or email address: Send Email from Another Person or Group
- See also: Access Another Person’s Mailbox
Outlook 2016 for Windows
Outlook 2016 for Mac
- The above instructions will work from a Mac, but some options may be in different locations or look a bit different – please contact the Help Desk if you require assistance.
- See also: Become a Delegate in Office 2016 for Mac
Sharing or Delegating Email Access
Outlook Web App
Office 2016 for Windows
- Allow Someone Else to Manage Your Email and Calendar
- See also: Manage Another Person’s Mail and Calendar Items
Office 2016 for Mac