Teams is a college-supported platform for connecting synchronously with students and other staff members.
You do not need to request that a Team be created in order to use the Teams app for communication and collaboration with students and colleagues. Detailed documentation for teaching with Teams is available here: https://techdocs.blogs.brynmawr.edu/8297
- Getting Started: What is Microsoft Teams
- Access Teams on your browser
- Download the Desktop Client
- Scheduling and Joining meetings
- Microsoft Extensive Step-by-Step Video training
- Sharing a whiteboard
- Switching from Skype for Business to Teams
- Microsoft is currently transitioning Skype for Business functionality to Teams. Teams will fully replace Skype for Business on July 31, 2021.
There are specific reasons why community members can’t create Teams (Teams are created at the Systems level for our entire community). When someone creates a Team, they’re automatically creating an email address @brynmawr.edu. If anyone were able to create a team, and create any kind of email address, that would conflict with BMC policy.