This article explains how to schedule Zoom meetings using the Zoom add-in for Outlook/Office365. Using this add-in is optional, you only need it if you want to create Zoom meetings from within your Outlook/Webmail calendar. Note that the process for adding the Zoom Outlook/Office365 add-in is different from the plug-in. We caution the use of the plug-in, as it is not currently compatible with MacOS systems.
The instructions below assume that you have already:
- Created an account on Bryn Mawr’s Zoom license (see How to Create a Zoom Account).
- Installed the Outlook/Webmail Add-In (see Install and Use the Zoom Add-In for Webmail/Outlook)
Schedule a Zoom Meetings in Webmail/Outlook
- Create a New Event (or New Meeting or Appointment in Outlook desktop), and add your title, attendees, and time and date as you would normally.
- Click on the Zoom icon in the top menu bar (the webmail version is shown below) and choose Add a Zoom Meeting.
- If you see a prompt saying Zoom wishes to open a new window:
- Click Allow.
- Click Log in with SSO.
- Enter brynmawr-edu as the domain name.
- Log in with your Bryn Mawr college username and password.
- Zoom will schedule a meeting for the date and time you indicated, and post the log-in information into the Event Description window.
- Click Send to send the invite and log-in information to your attendees.
- Scheduling a meeting for someone else? They need to give you scheduling privileges in Zoom and Outlook. See Zoom’s Guide for Executive Assistants for details.
- Zoom automatically applies the My Meeting Settings from your Zoom profile to new meetings.
- Adjust the settings for an individual meeting at any time prior to start using the Settings option in the Zoom menu (shown above) or in Zoom.
- To safeguard against “Zoom-bombing attacks,” LITS recommends keeping both the waiting room and passcode protection of every meeting. Please note that Zoom requires you to keep at least one of them on, see Security and Zoom for more information.