The most common use for including full headers in emails is to submit an email when you believe you have received a fraudulent (spam) email. The full header is useful for examining the email’s legitimacy because the analysts can look at the full header and discern whether or not the email was sent from the person it claims to have been from. Here are quick, step-by-step instructions on how to include full headers in emails:
- Locate and select the email message you need headers of in Office 365.
- Navigate to the upper right corner of the reading pane.
- Click on the down arrow next to Reply
- In the menu that appears, select View message details toward the bottom of the list.
- A new window will open containing the full message headers.
- Copy and paste the contents of this window into an email and you can send it wherever you need.